Downloading and upgrading to Windows 8.1 through Windows Store is certainly the most convenient way to have this upgrade. However, it may not be the case if you are planning this for multiple PCs. It could take quite a spell, as the update does not save its files on your computer.
The foremost solution which is always encouraged is checking your PC primary healthiness and restoring any discrepancy found that perhaps is bringing about the disturbance:
- Step 1 : Download Systimizer – PC Cleaner Tool (Intel Premier Partner – Compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7 & XP).
- Step 2 : Click “Scan” to find Windows errors.
- Step 3 : Click “Fix” to eliminate all troubles.
This article will reveal the way to download official Windows 8.1 ISO from the servers of Microsoft. You can embed these update files onto your USB flash drive or within a disc to use it with east at different times. This disc or drive will let you update a machine having Windows 8 to Windows 8.1.
- Access the Microsoft page titled Upgrade Windows with only a product key
- On this page, you will find buttons stating Install Windows 8.1 and Install Windows 8
- Click on the later one to download the setup file for Windows 8
- Launch the file on being downloaded. You will then be asked for the valid Product key
- Enter the key and continue the setup until downloading begins
- Close the setup windows and confirm to quit
- Return to the aforementioned Microsoft webpage
- Now click the button saying Install Windows 8.1
- Let the setup file being download and when completes, launch the setup
- This time the launcher will start downloading the ISO without asking for the Product key
- Subsequent to download, the setup will provide you with some options
- Choose to Install by creating media and click the Next button
- On Choose which media to use screen, select either USB flash drive or ISO file
- In case you choose the earlier one, make sure you have at least 3GB of free space on flash drive
- In case you choose the later one, the ISO will be downloaded to your computer
- Burn the ISO file on an empty DVD
You cannot directly mount Windows 8.1 on your computer by carrying a clean install. You would need to have Windows 8 prior to this upgrade. The users with Windows 7 on their machines can upgrade to Windows 8 and then 8.1.
Users with new machines having built-in Windows 8 would not be asked for the product key, as it is already embedded into their BIOS. The setup will automatically detect it from the BIOS firmware and continue with the installation.
If you are having issues in implanting Update files directly onto your USB flash drive, you can use Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool to create USB media using the ISO image file of Windows 8.1.